Having Issues with BYOP? Think your device is compatible? Lets chat!

UNREALmobileUNREALmobile Posts: 66Admin admin
edited July 2018 in BYOP

Let us know if your device is listed below!

We have confirmed that the following devices fall under "Non-Sprint Compatible phones." Although they are not Sprint devices there is a chance that your device may still work with our service. Please leave a comment stating the type of device you currently have and would like to BYOP with us, an admin will contact you to further assist, thanks! *Please note the following devices only qualify if purchased from a third party retailer (ebay, Amazon, etc.)

• Alcatel IDOL5
  • Apple iPhone 5c, 5S, SE, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X
  • ASUS NovaGo
  • BLU S1 - Vivo S
  • Essential Phone PS-1
  • Google Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P
  • Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL
  • HP Envy X2
  • LG X Charge
  • LG V30S
  • Motorola Moto G4 Play, Plus
  • Motorola Moto G5 Plus
  • Motorola Moto X4
  • Motorola Moto Z2 Play
  • Motorola Moto E4, E4 Plus
  • Motorola Moto G6, Play
  • Motorola G5 S Plus
  • Moto X Pure
  • Orbic Wonder
  • Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Special Edition, S7 Edge Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Special Edition, S8 Plus Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S9 Special Edition, S9 Plus Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Comments

• bugg177bugg177 Posts: 6Member

I have a Google Pixel XL that I purchased from Google.

I would like to Port my number from Cricket and start on your $10.00 plan.

Thanks in advance,
    David

• MannyManny Posts: 138Member, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018

Hi @bugg177! We'll be reaching out to you via DM to gather some personal information so that we can verify eligibility. Thank you and have a great day!

• bigbearballsbigbearballs Posts: 1Member

Pixel 2 xl works on Sprint but did not pass the IMEI check. Please advise.

• AileyAiley Posts: 2Member

I have an iPhone 6+ currently on the Sprint network (contract complete) and would like to switch to you.

Hello @Ailey! You would need to verify that your device has been released and you should not have a problem using our BYOP platform. Take a look a the following link for this great deal with our partners over at SlickDeals. Let us know if you need any more help, we'll be happy to assist you.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11793035

• pi_weipi_wei Posts: 1Member

I want bring my iphone 6s from virgin mobile. Virgin said my phone is unlock. But unreal says its not. Been calling both carrier back and forth. Trying to switch to your $10 plan. Swappa says my meid is unlock and ready for new service. Do i need a

Hi @pi_wei! Please check your inbox, there is some information about your device that we'll need to try and help you out. Thank you.

• pjgnau5150pjgnau5150 Posts: 2Member

This has been a complete NIGHTMARE for me and my with to bring our Google Motorola Nexus 6 phones over to unreal. We had six (yes six) calls today and each support person failed to get our phones correctly. A complete mess. What is up with the bad service!?

Hi, @pjgnau5150. Please check your inbox and we will gladly assist you through that channel.

• JA7729JA7729 Posts: 2Member

I am currently a verizon customer and I have an iphone 6s and would lime to switch but when I type in the IMEI it just says there was an error.

Hello @JA7729! You might be getting an error message because our service requires that devices must be inactive with other carriers and they must be Sprint eligible. If you'd like, you could send me your devices MEID number via PM and I will gladly check for eligibility on our end. Have a great day.

• hbowden18hbowden18 Posts: 2Member

Just bought a brand new Moto G6 from Amazon that hasn't yet been connected to service provider yet. Not sure what SIM card to get for it since the Moto G6 is listed under both SIMOLW4160 and SIMGLW416Q on your discussion board...

@hbowden18 said:
    Just bought a brand new Moto G6 from Amazon that hasn't yet been connected to service provider yet. Not sure what SIM card to get for it since the Moto G6 is listed under both SIMOLW4160 and SIMGLW416Q on your discussion board...

You would be able to use either one of the SIM cards on your device. You can send me a PM @hbowden18, if you need any further information.

• brendonbrendon Posts: 1Member

I purchased a iPhone 6 on eBay awhile back and it was Imei locked so I got FreedomPop which allowed me to use my phone and make phone calls as well as access the internet with the data they provided.

• radarmcmanusradarmcmanus Posts: 4Member

I was trying to port 2 phone numbers from Ting to UnRealMobile.
    Ting ported the numbers from Sprint by parking them on their temporary devices and then moved
    them to the LGE Tribute phones that I purchased and Ting shipped them to me.
    It seems that Milton says they can't do that.

This is what Milton at customer service said:
    Hello Mr. McManus-

Thanks for contacting Unreal Mobile Online Services. My name is Milton and we will be happy to help you with your compatibility concern.

It's great to know you're looking to join us! I ran your numbers through my system and the good news is that phones are fully compatible.

Now, to activate your own phone with us, that phone must not have an active service. This is what my system indicated, that both devices are currently in use, so the first step to bring them over will be to stop current service.

Now, if you're looking to transfer your old phone numbers to us, the accounts holding them must remain active during the process.

So, here is the complicated part: to active the phone device, no service must be active. To transfer the phone number, the service must remain active. Due to this, you can only activate a device or transfer a phone number, but not both things.

Let me know what you think and I will tell you what are the next steps to take.

Milton
    Online Support
    Customer By Service Web (Freedompop User) (08/16/2018 02:06 PM)

So what can I do?

@brendon said:
    I purchased a iPhone 6 on eBay awhile back and it was Imei locked so I got FreedomPop which allowed me to use my phone and make phone calls as well as access the internet with the data they provided.

Hi, @brendon. You could certainly try to register your device with us through our website, www.unrealmobile.com. If you come across any problems, send me a PM and I'll gladly check up on the issue.

@radarmcmanus said:
    I was trying to port 2 phone numbers from Ting to UnRealMobile.
    Ting ported the numbers from Sprint by parking them on their temporary devices and then moved
    them to the LGE Tribute phones that I purchased and Ting shipped them to me.
    It seems that Milton says they can't do that.

This is what Milton at customer service said:
    Hello Mr. McManus-

Thanks for contacting Unreal Mobile Online Services. My name is Milton and we will be happy to help you with your compatibility concern.

It's great to know you're looking to join us! I ran your numbers through my system and the good news is that phones are fully compatible.

Now, to activate your own phone with us, that phone must not have an active service. This is what my system indicated, that both devices are currently in use, so the first step to bring them over will be to stop current service.

Now, if you're looking to transfer your old phone numbers to us, the accounts holding them must remain active during the process.

So, here is the complicated part: to active the phone device, no service must be active. To transfer the phone number, the service must remain active. Due to this, you can only activate a device or transfer a phone number, but not both things.

Let me know what you think and I will tell you what are the next steps to take.

Milton
    Online Support
    Customer By Service Web (Freedompop User) (08/16/2018 02:06 PM)

So what can I do?

Hi, @radarmcmanus. You will be able to port your numbers in and perhaps the process was not explained correctly. You will need to first register your devices with us. Making sure that they are CDMA devices, inactive with other carriers and are Sprint eligible. Once the devices have been registered, you can go ahead and port your numbers in. At this time, registration and porting are two separate operations but if done correctly, you should not have any problems.

• badmoose22badmoose22 Posts: 3Member

I have a freedompop samsung galaxy s4.when i put my meid number in it says im eligable then ask for ten digit phone number i put it in and nothing happens.

• coffinfillercoffinfiller Posts: 1Member

I have vernee v2 pro using gsm T-Mobile currently from virgin my phone is worldwide unlocked is it comparable unreal has two sim card slots so two #s correct

@coffinfiller said:
    I have vernee v2 pro using gsm T-Mobile currently from virgin my phone is worldwide unlocked is it comparable unreal has two sim card slots so two #s correct

@coffinfiller

Hi! While our GSM services will work with GSM unlocked devices running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2, it could be tricky using a dual SIM device. We recommend that if you do use a dual-SIM device, the UNREAL SIM card be the only SIM used and inserted in the primary slot Other than that if your phone meets the requirements previously mentioned, you should have no issues using our service.

• krausmckrausmc Posts: 1Member

Have a HTC EVO 4G bringing over from FreedomPop. Device came up as compatible. Signed up, trie downloading the app and says app not compatible with device.

• LucySLucyS Posts: 48Moderator mod

@krausmc said:
    Have a HTC EVO 4G bringing over from FreedomPop. Device came up as compatible. Signed up, trie downloading the app and says app not compatible with device.

@krausmc Our current version requires Android 4.1 and up. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• cccphonecccphone Posts: 1Member

I ported my phone number from a different carrier to UNREAL on the 23rd by being told that the phone is compatible with the plan without a SIM card. I received the email saying that the phone was ported in successful so I lost my phone number, plan and cash balance with my old carrier. After I followed the instructions that I received, I got the message "Not registered on network". What does it mean? I'm traveling and need help desperately!

@cccphone said:
    I ported my phone number from a different carrier to UNREAL on the 23rd by being told that the phone is compatible with the plan without a SIM card. I received the email saying that the phone was ported in successful so I lost my phone number, plan and cash balance with my old carrier. After I followed the instructions that I received, I got the message "Not registered on network". What does it mean? I'm traveling and need help desperately!

Hello @cccphone! We're sorry to learn about the problems experienced with the service. Our records indicate the account associated with the email you use to log into these Forums was canceled on 12-27-2018. Therefore, we'd appreciate it if you could please confirm if you still need assistance.