Plans and Changes

Hi folks,
Sent a ticket but no reply. Figured it could not hurt to post here as well ass I am new to Unreal.

Bought a SIM at Target, activated and chose the $10 1GB plan even though I thought there was a 14 day trial and wanted to be sure this worked in my car. It does work, so Googled around and found a 2GB 3 Month plan for between $27 and 30 in different places.

Questions:

Can I switch from this 1 GB to the 2 GB 3 month plan and keep the same SIM as it is working fine now?

Can I do autopay renewals of the 3 month plan every 90 days and not have to think about renewal as I have now with the 1 GB?

Appreciate the input. I think 1 GB might be a tad low for me but two should be just fine.

~Bob

Answers

• MannyManny Posts: 146Member, Moderator mod

@Bob2018 said:
    Hi folks,
    Sent a ticket but no reply. Figured it could not hurt to post here as well ass I am new to Unreal.

Bought a SIM at Target, activated and chose the $10 1GB plan even though I thought there was a 14 day trial and wanted to be sure this worked in my car. It does work, so Googled around and found a 2GB 3 Month plan for between $27 and 30 in different places.

Questions:

Can I switch from this 1 GB to the 2 GB 3 month plan and keep the same SIM as it is working fine now?

Can I do autopay renewals of the 3 month plan every 90 days and not have to think about renewal as I have now with the 1 GB?

Appreciate the input. I think 1 GB might be a tad low for me but two should be just fine.

~Bob

Hello @Bob2018! Our records indicate you signed up with the Unlimited Everything + 1GB LTE monthly plan. Unfortunately, it won't be possible to change to a 3-month plan as you signed up with a monthly plan. In this case, should you wish to upgrade to the 3-month 2 GB plan, you'll need to purchase a new SIM card. You may find our SIM card deals here: https://shop.unrealmobile.com/products/sim-cards

• Bob2018Bob2018 Posts: 5Member

Thanks for the reply. And if I buy a 3month card, does that auto-renew every three months? at the same price? And if I do, I keep my same account, cancel the 1 month and activate the 3 month?

Appreciate just a bit more detail please.

~Bob

@Bob2018 said:
    Thanks for the reply. And if I buy a 3month card, does that auto-renew every three months? at the same price? And if I do, I keep my same account, cancel the 1 month and activate the 3 months?

Appreciate just a bit more detail, please.

~Bob

Hello, @Bob2018. I apologize for the delay in my response. Once your 3-month plan finishes, you would need to acquire another 3-month card. You can, however, use the SIM card on a month-to-month plan once your current plan finishes.

• Bob2018Bob2018 Posts: 5Member

Thanks Manny, but that is not what I understood from Diego in email. He implied I could renew the 3 month SIMS. I have emailed him as well. Both cannot be true. I have not yet opened the 3 month sim fortunately and can return it.

@Bob2018 said:
    Thanks Manny, but that is not what I understood from Diego in email. He implied I could renew the 3 month SIMS. I have emailed him as well. Both cannot be true. I have not yet opened the 3 month sim fortunately and can return it.

Hi, @Bob2018. I sincerely apologize for any contradicting information you may be getting from us. I have verified the information with which I replied yesterday, and have been told that once a 3-month plan has expired the SIM may only be activated on a month-to-month plan. I have also passed this information along to our Online Services team to avoid any confusion in the future. Again, my apologies for the back and forth. Have a great day!