Problem with port from Freedompop to Unreal Mobile

mmortal03mmortal03 Posts: 6Member

I recently went through the process to port my Freedompop number to Unreal Mobile, but some sort of glitch happened in the Unreal Mobile system after the port went through and they somehow lost my number, and they had to restart my Unreal Mobile account from scratch. Now I don't have access to my old number, and it's been almost two weeks. Unreal is supposedly dealing with Sprint on this issue, but I still don't know what happened, and I've gotten no solid answers. They are putting me in a helpless situation, as getting my old phone number back is critical. I use it for many things, financial and health related, and I don't have an easy way to change it on all the various systems. I simply need my number back, as I followed all the proper procedures to port it, but Unreal Mobile made some sort of mistake in the process.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Would it be possible to reactivate the number on the Freedompop side instead of on the Unreal side, and then try porting it again? Should I contact Sprint? I don't know what to do, and no one with Unreal Mobile support has been able to give me any answers.

Comments

• MannyManny Posts: 146Member, Moderator mod

Hello @mmortal03. Could you please send me your account's registered e-mail address via inbox? I will gladly check into your case and give you an update accordingly. Thank you.

• mmortal03mmortal03 Posts: 6Member

Hi Manny, I just saw this. To give you an update, I was unable to make progress with Unreal Mobile by phone, so I contacted FreedomPop over a week ago, and they were able to re-activate the number on their end, and they have since been in the process of porting the number back to my FreedomPop account. That said, there have been new problems on the FreedomPop side, and I'm still unable to receive phone calls at the number from out-of-network numbers going on three weeks. I don't know if the original glitch on Unreal Mobile's end has anything to do with this current issue, but I've very unhappy with the way things stand. For now, I'm not looking to try to port the number back in to Unreal Mobile (as I've decided to keep my current Unreal number for now), but it's still completely unclear what happened on the original failed port in (Unreal Mobile gave no actionable advice), and I still don't know if what happened on the Unreal side has anything to do with the current problems I'm having back on the FreedomPop side.

Hi, @mmortal03. I really do apologize for the trouble you've had with your number. We are looking very closely into your case to make sure we can determine what exactly caused an issue with your number porting. I will get any information to you via PM. Again, my most sincere apology for the trouble.

• mmortal03mmortal03 Posts: 6Member

Hi Manny, my previous message didn't seem to go through. I tried again today to port out my number from FreedomPop (to Ting this time), and Ting advised me that the number didn't show up as active in the system. If someone knowledgeable about what happened on the Unreal side last month could get in touch with FreedomPop about it, that would be extremely helpful. FreedomPop technical support hasn't been able to determine why the number has been unable to receive out-of-network calls (from AT&T, Sprint, etc), but my temporary Unreal Mobile phone can call it. It may be because the number wasn't properly re-activated after the glitch in Unreal's system? This all started when I tried to port the number in to Unreal, so maybe the number is still controlled by Unreal instead of FreedomPop? Please let me know and get in touch with someone on FreedomPop's technical support so that I can finally resolve this and get the number properly working again.

Hi, @mmortal03. I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response. I will be looking into this issue for you. I will be replying through the PM you sent me with any information I get from our development team.