BYOP - Bring your own phone to UNREAL Mobile!

UNREALmobileUNREALmobile Posts: 66Admin admin
edited September 2018 in BYOP

How does BYOP work?

Do you have a phone you want to use with UNREAL Mobile? Sign up with our BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) option. To activate a BYOP device, your phone must meet the following qualifications:

• Sprint eligible phone with a SIM card
    Including phones from any Sprint MVNO (Straight Talk, Boost Mobile, NetZero, etc.)
    Would you like to know what Sprint Eligible means? Click here for an explanation
  • No outstanding balance with your previous carrier
  • Clean ESN (the phone must not be reported lost or stolen)
  • No existing service provider
    If your phone is already signed up with a carrier, you must deactivate that account first

You can also see if your device is compatible by entering your MEID number on our website. If your device is eligible, you can select one of our talk, text and data plans.

Non-Sprint Compatible phones

We have confirmed that the following devices -- although they are not Sprint eligible devices -- will still work with our service (If your device is not on the list, you may still want to try it, as it may still go through).

• Alcatel IDOL5
  • Apple iPhone 5c, 5S, SE, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X
  • ASUS NovaGo
  • BLU S1 - Vivo S
  • Essential Phone PS-1
  • Google Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P
  • Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL
  • HP Envy X2
  • LG X Charge
  • LG V30S
  • Motorola Moto G4 Play, Plus
  • Motorola Moto G5 Plus
  • Motorola Moto X4
  • Motorola Moto Z2 Play
  • Motorola Moto E4, E4 Plus
  • Motorola Moto G6, Play
  • Motorola G5 S Plus
  • Moto X Pure
  • Orbic Wonder
  • Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Special Edition, S7 Edge Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Special Edition, S8 Plus Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S9 Special Edition, S9 Plus Special Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8

If you'd like to port your number

In order to port in your number, do not deactivate your account with the losing carrier. If you would like to port your phone number over, please click here to learn how.

Ready?

Does your phone meet all of the above requirements? Great!

Are you ready to get started? Fantastic!

Click here to begin the BYOP activation. You will need the MEID number to your phone, a credit or debit card (prepaid cards not accepted), and the ICCID number to your phone's SIM Card. All of this information can be found under the Settings -> About Phone section of your device.

Activation didn't work!

If you were unable to activate your phone through the BYOP website, but your device meets the requirements, please click here for more information.

I’ve activated my phone, now what?

Once your activation is finished, you will need to perform a carrier reset on your phone. This will make sure that it recognizes UNREAL Mobile as your new service provider.

For Android Devices:
Connect your phone to WiFi (important)
Go to your device's home screen
Select your device's native dialer
(Make sure you are not tapping on the UNREAL Mobile app) 
Dial ##72786# or ##SCRTN#
If you are using a Nexus phone, dial Dial ##72786## instead
Tap Dial, Send or Call

After you complete your carrier reset, make sure to turn your phone completely off by holding down the power button, then turn it back on again

For iOS Devices:
Connect your phone to WiFi (important)
Tap on the phone's native calling app (not the UNREAL Mobile app)
Dial ##25327# or ##UPDATE#
Tap the Call button
Tap OK
Wait for the update to complete
Tap OK once it's finished

After you complete your carrier reset, make sure to turn your phone completely off by holding down the power button, then turn it back on again

Make sure to download the UNREAL Mobile app

One last step! Make sure you download and install the UNREAL Mobile App so you don't miss out on all it's benefits, click here for more information.

If you have any questions about the activation process, or how to use your device, feel free to contact us. Click here to learn how to get in touch with an UNREAL Mobile representative.

Comments

• shdwareshdware Posts: 9Member

I am interested in buying a used Sprint LG G5 and porting it to Unreal Mobile. Will I have any problems doing this?

• MannyManny Posts: 138Member, Moderator mod

@shdware said:
    I am interested in buying a used Sprint LG G5 and porting it to Unreal Mobile. Will I have any problems doing this?

Hi, @shdware! You would need to make sure that the device is inactive with any other carrier and it must be Sprint eligible. You would also need to make sure that the phone has a CDMA SIM that is compatible with the make and model of the phone. Take a look at the following help article to have a specific idea of what card you need.

https://help.unrealmobile.com/discussion/53/your-byop-phone-needs-a-sim-card#latest

I am ready to port in, but the person I spoke to on the phone will not help me use this link:

https://www.unrealmobile.com/offer/byop-14d-5gb

I want to add this phone to the account and remove my old phone from the account. Who can help me?

Manny - I discovered what the issue was (the SIM card in my Sprint LG G2 was incompatible with my new LG G5), but I have the wrong ICCID number associated with the SIM in my phone so I cannot activate.

I was on hold for 1+ hour before I spoke to someone and they directed me to get a new phone. Can someone update my ICCID now so I can activate properly?

Manny - I discovered what the issue was (the SIM card in my Sprint LG G2 was incompatible with my new LG G5), but I have the wrong ICCID number associated with the SIM in my phone so I cannot activate.

I have been waiting for a call back for four hours...

I have been waiting for a call back for four hours...

**> @shdware said:

I have been waiting for a call back for four hours...**

Hello, @shdware. I will be happy to contact you via PM so keep an eye on your inbox. My apologies for the delay in my response.

• mibrahimmibrahim Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I've recently purchased the sim card and i've been trying to activate it. Seems to gone alright but I can't seem to get the data to work. When I follow the instructions and get to the "Dial ##25327# or ##UPDATE#", and I do all I get is "error performing request unknown error".

• LucySLucyS Posts: 48Moderator mod

@mibrahim said:
    Hi,

I've recently purchased the sim card and i've been trying to activate it. Seems to gone alright but I can't seem to get the data to work. When I follow the instructions and get to the "Dial ##25327# or ##UPDATE#", and I do all I get is "error performing request unknown error".

@mibrahim, I went ahead and sent you a PM here to gather more personal information to be able to assist you.

• marks1976marks1976 Posts: 4Member

I had the same issue as LucyS. Do I need to use the unreal app to make calls. It seems I am unable to make them in the native dialer. I had the same issue with my android phone and that was resolved. Now setting up my iphone on a new sim card it has the same issue.

@marks1976 said:
    I had the same issue as LucyS. Do I need to use the unreal app to make calls. It seems I am unable to make them in the native dialer. I had the same issue with my android phone and that was resolved. Now setting up my iphone on a new sim card it has the same issue.

Hi, @marks1976. With our GSM service, you will need to use the UNREAL mobile app. Please make sure that your device is running on iOS 8.2 or higher. You will have to use the app for text messaging and calls, as well as a data connection.